E-commerce is one of the most sought-after business models in this digital age. As more and more consumers seek the convenience of shopping online, businesses are going the e-commerce route to drive sales and boost their profits. Today, e-commerce in the US accounts for around 15% of total retail sales. This number is on the rise, attracting countless small businesses to the e-commerce space. If you are a small business owner with a direct-to-consumer website, having a good web hosting plan is essential for growth. You can shortlist service providers for web hosting in Raleighby checking if they offer these must-have features!
- Consistent Uptime Monitoring: Downtime can be detrimental to your e-commerce business, leading to lost sales and frustrated customers. You should ensure your web hosting plan offers an uptime guarantee of 99.9% to minimize disruptions and maximize availability. A reliable hosting provider will have the required infrastructure and a proactive monitoring solution to keep your website running smoothly.
- Top-Notch Security Features: Customers often input their personal information like name, address, and bank details to transact on an e-commerce site. Hence, ironclad security features are essential for an e-commerce web hosting service. You can look for Raleigh web hostingplans that offer free SSL certification, firewall, and DDoS protection. These features can help you avoid security lapses and retain your customers’ trust.
- Integrated Payment Solutions: Quick and seamless payments are critical for confirming e-commerce orders. You should ensure your hosting service can support and integrate secure payment gateways. This feature will help you deliver a stress-free experience to your customers and allow them to transact more efficiently.
- Capacity to Handle Sales Peaks: E-commerce websites are unique because they often experience large variations in traffic. For example, your e-commerce traffic may surge around the holiday season and dip towards the end of a month. It may also experience an increase in traffic volume when you run sales and discounts. Hence, you should look for a web hosting plan that can handle these peaks and troughs with minimal disruption. You can check if your service provider uses the Google Cloud Platform Premium Tier Network. In addition, you may ask if they use solutions like Cloudflare and Edge caching to manage the traffic. If they respond positively to these queries, you can rest assured they can manage your traffic fluctuations with ease.
- Infrastructure to Support Large File Sizes: Typically, e-commerce sites have numerous images to help customers choose and purchase products. These rich, high-quality picture files tend to have large file sizes to support the level of detail they provide. If you want to run an e-commerce site, you must ensure that your web hosting plan has ample capacity to support these files. You can consult your web hosting service provider to identify the right plan to cater to your e-commerce plans.
In the highly competitive world of e-commerce, having the right web hosting plan is paramount for success. You can contact the team at Kapa Technologies to get website hosting in Raleigh that ticks all these boxes!